Tuesday 28 August 2007

Hello

I finally have a blog. I suppose thats because I finally have a reason to have a blog.

Ness and I have spoken about going travelling since we first met. (In fact I had only just met her after my trip to Jamaica, when she went off backpacking around the world for 18 months.) Both of us have been to a fair few places dotted around the globe, and neither of us have had anywhere near enough of it. Unfortunately, due to circumstances (read British Home Office - a collective of individuals who have long forgotten their purpose, and aren't really bothered), we are only now in a position to start planning our next big trip. Actually I think Ness has been planning and scheming away in the background all along, while I was perhaps more focused on making money, buying a house, modding my bikes... Then in June this year, Ness had booked a weekend's camping for us at the Horizons Unlimited meeting at the Lumb Farm in Derbyshire, UK. Now I could say that we are more financially secure now, or that my career is more secure, or blah, blah, blah... The truth is that the weekend seems to have flipped some kind of switch in my mind, because suddenly I am ready to go. Regardless of all the obstacles and what if's, I want to go. Now! I think it would take a special (in the adventurously challenged sense) kind of person to spend 3 days with all the interesting people who make up Horizons, and then not want to go on an adventure straight away. So the decision has been made to do an overland motorcycle trip asap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yo dude
jou skryfstyl is nogsteeds gemaklk om te lees.kief met die toerdery en dit is waarvoor jy werk... om te travel. dis my en charmaine se plan vir die nuwe jaar: werk, maak geld, lewe nie oordadig nie en spaar vir befokte get aways...
werner